aniwde

Easy Fried Shrimps - My 1st time cooking

8:02:00 PM




DewDew Story:
Mom is ranting on how her 1000 pesos disappeared in a minute! She said she bought this and that etc including shrimps. I got caught up with what she said and asked her where's the shrimp she said she's not cooking it today. And that's not ok because i wont get to eat it if she wont cook it today. Yup! I love shrimps! I super duper love it. 

So i had an idea to cook shrimp for dinner. She said she wont cook it for me. I said ok i will cook it on my own but she must tell me how. And she told me to do this 


1. Put breading on a bowl. The amount depends on how many will you use for the food. I do not recommend the brand I used. I really dont know if that's the best brand or what. I just used it since its the only available in the kitchen.

2. Put the flour and cornstarch on one bowl. Mixed it together. Again, the amount depends on how much you need. 


3. Get the shrimp. You can leave it with skin and head or you can remove the skin if you want to make it easy to eat. I did not remove the head since my tatay likes it (not really, he just thought its a waste if it wont be eaten) 


4. When the shrimp is ready, put it, deep it, roll it and cover it with the flour mixture first, then into the breading then set aside. On tv, I saw them put egg but mom said egg is optional. Since there's no egg available in our kitchen I did not use egg.


5. Now turn on the heat and put oil onto the pan. Let it be. Hahaha. Make sure to put a lot of oil because it should be a deep fry process. Now that the oil is boiling (not really, i didn't wait that much) place the shrimps and let it be. 


6. She said i should just let them be. But i monitor and wait til they become orange. I saw it on tv when its orange it means it cook (i was wrong) so i turn it on the other side and wait


7. Then when you feel like its cooked remove it from the heat. Place it on a plate full of tissue to loosen the oil of the food. Let it dry 


8. Charan! Ok that's it! Now i got my own fried shrimps!So proud of me! I cooked! Its my first time :) 

My sisters were there waiting for it to get served then they taste it. And they say its not good. I laughed and said great! Now its all mine! 

I got excited so i get a plate and rice (not hot) and sit on the table. I took 5 shrimps and left 5 for them in case they want it. I remove the head..and...it looks not okay.. I looks like its not cook. I didn't dare to try taste it. The meat is so soft and squishy. I dont know what to do. 

I look for mom but she's not around. So i thought maybe i will try to cook it again and burn it a little to make sure its cook. I heated the pan and wait til the oil is really boiling. I put the 5 shrimp (yes, only my share) and deep it again on the oil. I let it be til its color brown. Then i took the other 5 pieces and place it on the boiling oil also. Then when i felt like its cooked i removed it and put on a plate with tissue to remove oil and dried it. Yosh! Done! 

My mom came then she begun screaming and yelling at me blah blah blah. I just ignore her and proceed on the taste test. Now the heads automatically separated from the body maybe because its cooked. Then i taste it.. Its not bad but its not good its.. Tasteless hahaha there's no crispy texture so the breading is fake. It doesnt taste like shrimp. But its ok. I end up eating all of it because nobody wants to try them. Mom said maybe i did not put salt on it that's why its tasteless. And did not put egg that's why the breading is not good. I gave her a sharp deadly look. She never told me to put salt! And she said maybe its okay without the egg.

But anyway, lesson learned. I will just try again next time :) but will ask google on how to do it properly. 

NOTE: do not follow my cooking procedure and ingredients

You Might Also Like

0 comments