adobo ribs

Apag Marangle

8:23:00 PM



Budget for this Food Trip:
Adobo Ribs: ₱195
Pepasingong Paro: ₱230
Metung Tasang Nasi: ₱35
Buku Juice: ₱50

Food Trip Review:
Place ★★
Food: ★★
Service: 
Verdict: Favorite | Will Comeback | Just Okay | Never Again
What's Good:
1. Nice Concept
2. Wifi

What's not so good:
1. Bad Service
2.Service Charge
3. Food is expensive

Our Story:
Been in this place twice. It is located at Marquee Mall, the original branch is in Bacolor. Too far but i hope to visit that place someday.



On our first time, we were amazed by the concept and setup of the place. It looks unique and the style is more native filipino theme. Well from the name itself apag Marangle which means --- i dont know what it means haha. The word "Apag" somehow means "served food". While "Marangle" means "farmer" -not sure. In tagalog its "Ha-ing Magsasaka"



Staff greets you when you enter, They hand you a leaf shaped printed menu. After ordering they will serve you water in a cute bottle of emperador -joke- and some sweet potatoes and roasted peanuts - and these are for free. The peanuts and sweet potatoes are not very okay. 



While waiting, they have crayons and papers ready on the table where you can draw or scribble and they posted it on the wall somewhere in the diner.




Now in the second visit, we ordered the same food. I plan not to do that so I can review more food but.. I dont know.. guess that's the only food I want in the menu. Also the food is good for sharing - it's just us two, so taking too many food is not a good thing - we practice not to waste food and money.

On our second visit. We were the only one who entered and ate at this diner. If you are dating someone or trying to impress a girl. Go in this place. Why?? well..I gave mewtut a sweet hug for reserving this restaurant- lol. Just tell her you are very special so I reserve this place for us two only - im sure for more than an hour nobody will enter and eat here. 

Now before we review the food lets review the experience first. There are 4 staff outside chillin and 4 staff inside browsing or looking at the cashier monitor/computer. And then theres us - us two, me and mew, And nobody notice me when I call. Nobody sees me when I raise my hand. I have to shout "Kuya" before someone assist us. And you charge for service??? wow!! super bad shot! not worth it charging for service!

They remove the crayons and drawing paper. Anyway here's the food!

Adobo Ribs



This dish comes with crispy sweet potatoes.
Super great! The abodo is very unique, the taste is very different not the typical and ordinary home made adobo. Very nice.

Steamed Shrimps



Nothing special. just the same same steamed shrimps. I love shrimps that's why I ordered it. I was about to order Steamed Ema. but its too pricey, not in my budget - but I regret not having it. I crave for it for a week.

Buku Juice



We had this drink on our first visit. Its okay but its sour. Not sure why, maybe its sour because its fresh or maybe its sour because its spoiled. 

And that's it! I like the food, like the place but the service is a big NO. And to end this.. here's me, drawing :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments