chilli prawns

Steamed Shrimps in Soda

8:48:00 AM



My Story:
Me and my collage friends planned to have a staycation bonding and cook our food instead of heading on a seafood restaurant. Yep, we are for some seafoods! But get out will cost money and we are on a tight budget so we decided to do it ourselves.

We agreed to have some mussels and some shrimps. One of us is really good at cooking she said we're going to have Sinabawang Tahong, it is a light and refreshing soup made with mussels cooked in ginger-based. And for the shirmp we'll have buttered shrimps. And so I died.. haha I dont like buttered shrimps, because the butter is so powerful I could no longer taste the shrimp and its not good. 


Since I disagreed, I told her to give me some shrimps and I will cook :) I will try to cook my favorite shrimp recipe! The Steamed Shrimps in Soda. They were confused by it, asking why soda? I mean, Im going to use Royal True orange, ilabas ang kulet! I said, why not, you'll see.. So here it is..

Ingredients:

1. Fresh Shrimps
2. Pinch of Salt
3. Royal true orange - sakto size

Steps:

1. Turn on the stove in medium heat
2. Pour the soda
3. Put the shrimps in
4. Sprinkle a pinch of salt
5. Let it boit and monitor as the shrimps turns to orange
6. Check if the soda thickens and if shrimps are orange
7. Done :)

Verdict:
Everyone enjoyed it! I super loved it! 
One said, nothing happened it just taste shrimps. Well, it doesn't, its a little bit sweeter because of the soda and its not malansa. Also its a great point to keep it tasting like shrimp rather than overpowering it with the taste of butter and garlic.

Only problem is, we had many and could not finish all of it. high blood and heart attack is on our way for sure :) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments