aniwde

Kuya J

3:34:00 AM


Budget for this Food Trip:
Sisig w/ egg: ₱190
Crispy Shrimp: ₱195
Pineapple Juice: ₱75
Pork BBQ: ₱90
Rice Platter: ₱120

Food Trip Review:
Place ★★
Food: ★★
Service: ★★★
Verdict: Favorite | Will Comeback | Just Okay | Never Again
What's Good:
1. Really nice place
2. Chairs really comfy

What's not so good:
1. Food is not worthy


Our Story:
We went and dine here at Kuya J twice. The first one was May 2015 and we just wonder why we haven't been back since then. And so we gave it a shot.

Staff will greet you and find you a seat when you enter. They hand out the menu and gives you a glass of water. That is a plus point.

it take some time for the order to arrive. We we're planning to have Kare-kare but its too expensive it costs around 400pesos. I dont eat kare kare so we did not push through. The food came and here's what we have to say:

Pork BBQ
My photo looks super good and seems like the food is so delish. But its a very small serving of 3pcs port bbq. Dissapointed in the serving size. The taste, well very ordinary. There's more worthy pork bbq out there. 

Crispy Shrimp
For its price its very disappointing to me. I love shrimps and this one is just a failure. Not good. Not worth it. In every restaurant I always order shrimp and this is the first one that failed me. The size, the flavor, the.. no.

Sizzling Sisig w/ Egg
Again my photo looks good and delish. But the title doesn't fit - let me change it. This is the Kuya J's not-Sizzling Sisig w/ raw Egg. And the serving is so small. I saw it in the internet and I was served in a rectangular plate which I believe for marketing and advertising purpose only. The taste just fine. 

And we asked the waiter for a soy sauce. And gave us this. 
Wow. Presentation-much. 

Leche Flan
Small but its fine. Taste super good just like any other leche flan :) made me happy. It comes with a calamansi but I dont want it.

Pineapple Juice
I like it. Its not an ordinary in-can pineapple juice :)


So that's it. Now I know why after a year we haven't been visiting this place. And we wont again - well if you disagree, its ok - we have different tastes.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments